Just when I thought no one read this thing….
A few weeks ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Chantelle at Cs2h_Life, which was a huge honour! The Liebster award is all about honouring bloggers and discovering new blogs, so thank you Chantelle!
Chantelle started her blog, Cs2h_Life, after she was diagnosed with post-natal depression. Blogging was a way for her to document her high’s and lows, and her honesty is inspiring.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
3. Share 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
5. Give the nominees 11 questions to answer
So here goes!!
Chantelle’s 11 questions for me:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted a way of documenting my journey through pregnancy and beyond, with my feelings and photos all in one place. it was also a way for me to reach out to other people and read their experiences. Initially, it was anonymous or if people did follow, they didn’t know it was me- firstly because people didn’t know I was pregnant and later, because I suffered from awful post-natal depression (and at the time was embarrassed). Slowly I started telling people about it, and now I’m proud to share my experiences and tales.
2. What are your New Year’s resolution?
To spend more time on me this year. Take some more time for my career, body and mind- which may sound selfish with a family and toddler, but I’ve learned that a happy, healthy mum is a happy, healthy child.
3. What is your hobby?
Singing, primarily, although I don’t have much time for it anymore. I used to sing professionally, and I used to love to sketch. And Blogging, obviously! Maybe I need to sketch more this year…
4. What is your opinion on wordpress?
I find it fairly easy to use, and its great when you’re not ready to pay for a service. I’m thinking of upgrading this year, though, to enable more customisation and premium themes.
5. What is your favorite quote?
“When the world says ‘give up’, Hope whispers: ‘try it one more time’.
I love it so much I have it tattooed on my thigh!
6. If you could visit someone from the past who would it be?
My Aunty. She was one of the biggest inspirations, and I’d love to catch up, and show her my family and the woman I have become.
7. What quality do you respect most about other people?
Honesty and ambition.
8. What is something that make you happy?
Spending days off with my partner and Ava, my little girl.
9. What is the one thing you like about motherhood?
The adoration and endless love that I give and receive. And the fun!! So many excuses to craft, splash in puddles, walk through fields, giggle and watch children’s TV!
10. What is the one thing you regret not doing last year?
Putting our house on the market earlier to try and sell it. We did it too late for the season and still haven’t moved- we’re definitely running out of space!
11. If you could change anything, what would it be?
I try not to dwell on what I want to change, unless its positive. I could easily say that I want to move house, earn more money, have another baby. Sequences happen for a reason and I’m learning more and more that things work out exactly how their meant to. So presently, I wouldn’t change anything.
- GP and Human
- Alex Malone
- Two Little Ladies and Me
- My Journey- One day at a time
- With Love and a Little Self depreciation
11 questions for my Nominees:
- Who, what, and/or where does your blogging inspiration come from?
- What time of day do you write the best content for your blog?
- When you aren’t blogging, what are you up to?
- What do you want to achieve this year?
- What is your most prized possession?
- What’s your favourite post you’ve written (and please post a link!)
- What three qualities do you most appreciate in a person?
- Where is your happy place?
- What app can you not live without?
- And because we’re still in January (just!), what’s your new years resolution?
Once again, thank you Cs2h_Life for the nomination, and to the blogging community for their continued celebration, encouragement and enthusiasm.